I am a 20 year old male, recently graduated from the University of Denver with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Emergent Digital Practices. This program focuses on the use of new technology (for example 3D printers, wearable technology, and the Oculus Rift), and how that technology can be used in conjunction with Art. Utilizing this degree really allows you to focus on what interests you. For me, this started off as 3d Modeling and progressed into my interest in the Oculus Rift.
Below are some of the courses I took, which allowed me to develop an ability to program for Virtual Reality.
I was born and raised in Brisbane, Australia. During my P-12 education, I received the following awards:
- "Best Student Award, Year 12 Technology Studies" in 2011, from St Augustine's College, Brisbane, Australia
- "Best Student Award, Year 12 Graphics" in 2011 from St Augustine's College, Brisbane, Australia
- Enrichment Program: Discover Architecture pre-college program. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, U.S.A. (July 2011)
- Certificate II in Business – Business management, communication, advanced IT skills, accounts & petty cash (January 2011 – November 2011)
- Retail Services Traineeship (Certificate II) – Training & development in customer service and food service. (January 2009 – November 2010)
- Certificate I in Arc Welding - Training and skill develpment in metal work, stick welding, and mig welding (June 2009 - September 2009)